What we are doing:

In what spare time we have, we decided to spend it (and our savings) on remodeling our rowhouse in South Philly. When we purchased our casa it was a 3 story, 5 bedroom, 1 bath that hadn't been touched in 50+ years. It's currently a 4 bed, 2 bath construction site with so much more to do it's hard to believe.

We use this blog to mark progress, say hi to friends and family, rant about the process of remodeling, and try to have some fun along the way.

- Bryan and Christina

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day Three

For once, it's me...Bryan. So I have been telling people, 'Yeah, I mean I'm sure we'll take pictures everyday, but really I'm sure we'll just update weekly'. Right. So it seems that Christina and I enjoy racing home after work and running up stairs to see what has happened during our torment at our respective offices. This has lead to Christina's blog addiction becoming ever so fun to watch.

Anyway, today the fellas tweaked some things that we found last night and framed the closet. This new closet will make THREE for the entire house. The guys also framed in all of our built in storage spaces, but that's too much fun to show.

Also, Christina wants to show off the edge that makes the bathroom (tub) open to the stairs. In time that will be a wall of some sort, but I haven't been told yet, so I don't need to know at this point.


Also in the post are just a few elevation drawings for the contractor and because I don't understand 'archi-speak' and need pretty pictures. I poo-pooed posting then entire drawing set, because I know EVERYONE is going to STEAL our ideas. You're all sneaky. For all you architects out there if you are curious about the plans, let us know and we can email them. There are also some 3D renderings that will probably make their way onto the blog when there aren't as many fun new pictures to post! (Ed: That was the boss, not me)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inside plumbing! Your drawings are safe with me....I can't read them. It's coming along....Jane/Mom

Unknown said...

we already stole all your ideas for our upcoming little project. I think our new place is the size of your 3rd floor!

Bryan and Christina said...

Ahh NYC, I can't wait to see what you guys do with your place! Do you have any pictures yet, maybe a blog of your own? I need to feed my addition! I would also recomend www.fixtureuniverse.com they have tons of lighting, sinks, plumbing, all the good stuff. That is where we are getting most of our stuff, and shipping is free on most items.