What we are doing:

In what spare time we have, we decided to spend it (and our savings) on remodeling our rowhouse in South Philly. When we purchased our casa it was a 3 story, 5 bedroom, 1 bath that hadn't been touched in 50+ years. It's currently a 4 bed, 2 bath construction site with so much more to do it's hard to believe.

We use this blog to mark progress, say hi to friends and family, rant about the process of remodeling, and try to have some fun along the way.

- Bryan and Christina

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Flipping the switch - My tribute to electricity and Young Frankenstein

So today I threw the switch, and got over the electrical hump (lolz).

The recessed lights that I hung on New Years day were wired up yesterday afternoon upon returning from our drive from Indianapolis. It was a long day....

Today I roughed in the 4 gang box for 2 of the switches, and went ahead and threw two switches (temporary of course) in there for the pods.

For me pulling wire and wiring up most things is calming. There is something so simple as leg 1 connects to leg 2 and then splits here and there, it just makes sense to my organized software developer mind. I think there is a possibility to me keeping my 2009 "zen resolution" as long as there are more electrical rewiring projects in the house. But just like oil and Mel Brooks films, it's finite. *sigh* What can you do.

I've included a couple pictures that Christina happened to catch of my celebrating when the lights actually worked. I decided to test the circuits and lights before the drywall was hung, because really who needs the headache of finding out one of them wasn't properly connected AFTER all of the drywall is up? I may be working on being more even keeled, but there would be sleepless nights in horror if I didn't hook it all up today.

So yeah, that's that. The last picture here is, again, Christina catching me doing my usual Igor (pronounced "Eye-gor"!!) face when I've finished one project and my master can give me treats.

We have a weird life together I think.

No comments: